Raising the Barre
Who: Dancers ages 11-19 years of age – 6th Grade and up
Why: Provide candidates with the skills and opportunities to make them compassionate, responsible, confident, and strong leaders.
What: Raising the Barre students shall complete service and session hours as assigned by a Faculty Mentor who will help them schedule their commitments and guide them through their projects.
To Sign up as a Raising the Barre Candidate or as a Parent Volunteer please complete and submit the appropriate application below. All applications should be turned in to your Studio Manager.
Required Pillars of Character and Service
- Dance Class Teaching Assistant – 1 Class per week from September through May totaling approximately 40 Hours per year (80 hours for promotion)
- Any TDA Location
- Classes that are the dancers’ age group and level and below
- Must Attend Mandatory Class Assistant Training – January Meeting
- Performance and Studio Volunteer – 2 Performances/Events per year (4 for promotion)
- Backstage, Ushering, etc at any TDA Performance/Event such as Twinkle Star Showcases, June Recitals, Dancin’ Holiday Magic, Nutcracker, June Show Stars, Holiday Parties.
- Community Service – 2 Community Service Events per year to be arranged by the RTB Faculty. 16 hours per year (32 hours for promotion)
- Examples: Retirement Home Visits, Offering Free Dance Workshops to Underprivileged Youth and Children with Special Needs, Costume and Dancewear Drives, Flash Dance Mobs coupled with Goods Drive, Military Group Performances, etc.
- 1 each semester Fall/Spring (4 for promotion)
- Etiquette Classes – Fee Based Course
- Public Speaking – Fee Based Course
- Attend Quarterly Meetings – January, March, July/August, October. At these quarterly meetings dancers who have met their goals for that quarter/year will be recognized. Also, Confidence sessions will be held in conjunction with the quarterly meetings.
- Annual “Raising the Barre” Fundraising/Promotion Event – Spring 2018 – TBA. All fees for event will be covered by RTB participant family.
- Multimedia Promotion Project – Every 2 years the participants will be asked to show what they have learned with a presentation at the Annual Promotion event. This will allow the student to promote to the next level of service. These projects will occur toward the end of the 7th, 9th and 11th grades.
- GPA – 3.0 or above
- Regular Dance Class Attendance
- Positive attitude in class including compliance with dress code
- Business Sponsorships
- Volunteering at Community Service Events
- Fall Quarterly Meeting – TBA
- Dance for a Difference – TBA
- Winter Quarterly Meeting – TBA
- Spring Quarterly Meeting –TBA
- Annual Raising the Barre Fundraising Event – May Location and Time TBA