Dancewear Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is there a dress code at Tiffany’s Dance Academy?
A: Yes. Tiffany’s Dance Academy students are required to wear certain colors of leotards and tights depending on the classes they are enrolled in. NOTE: Hip Hop does not have a required dress code although we recommend comfortable, loose and modest attire with a pair of sneakers used only for dance.
Q: Why is there a dress code at Tiffany’s Dance Academy?
1. The simple leotard, tights, and Twinkle Star tutu outfits make it possible for the instructors to see the dancer’s bodies so they can make the proper corrections.
2. Like Karate the different colors represent growth to the next level of dance which give dancers a goal they can strive to attain.
3. Young dancers are often distracted by their own dancewear. Large skirts and/or tutus become the dancer’s focus instead of the instructor.
4. Learning to dance and work together as a team can be more easily achieved by removing the distraction of different dancewear.
5. Instructors are able to choreograph dances more effectively when the dancers are dressed the same.
Q: Where can we purchase our dancewear?
A: All twinkle star classes have a required tutu available through Costume Manager at a very affordable price. For all other dance wear we strongly encourage you to use CostumeManager.com for the following reasons.
1. CostumeManager.com is set up with all the correct colors, shoes, leotards and tights that are required for your class. Many of our shoes are the color and style we use in our recitals, so it is better to have the correct items at the beginning in order to avoid having to purchase shoes again.
2. The prices are excellent and the quality of their dancewear is superb.
3. Did we mention that this is more convenient than driving all over town to find dancewear?
Q: If I order online from CostumeManager.com and something doesn’t fit right, what do I do?
A: Bring it to your studio and we’ll arrange an exchange or refund.
**Returns are not excepted on open tights and/or shoes that have been worn.
Q: I have more questions…who can I talk to?
A: Call (925) 447-5299 or email email@example.com.