Tiffany’s Dance Academy Year Round Schedule
Tiffany’s Dance Academy has a “year-round” dance class schedule. As such, the 2011/12 Season will begin on July 11th. Some families are out of town frequently during the summer so we are allowing make-up classes during the months of July and August. Because we will offer make-up classes during July and August, the money you spend on tuition will never be wasted if your family is out of town.
Make-up classes are allowed during July and August only.
How it works:
1. Register for next season’s classes starting April 27th..
2. If you know that you are going to be absent for class(es) in July or August 2011, you may schedule a make-up class by emailing or calling your studio director. This is a great opportunity to try different types of classes and different levels.
Why are we converting to a year-round schedule?
Because after a decade of training dancers we’ve discovered that after summer break we spend the better part of three months re-training dancers technique they already learned the previous season.
A year-round schedule serves two purposes.
1. It stops the loss of learned technique altogether.
2. It allows us to immediately progress to new and more challenging skills without “catching up” to where we left off before summer break.
The end result is a mere three additional weeks of dance each year but the benefit is equivalent to three months of valuable new training per year! This boost will help TDA dancers become better dancers much, much faster than dancers who do not train year round. These other dancers will be TDA dancer’s future “competition”, whether it is for a high school dance team, college scholarship or a professional dance audition.
What about Summer Camps?
Summer Camps will be held in San Ramon, Livermore, Pleasanton, Tracy and Fremont. Spaces fill up fast so register for camp today.
What to do if you just don’t want to take any classes in July.
If you don’t wish to attend any classes in July you have two choices.
1. Wait to register until the week before you’d like to start. The only downside to this approach is that the class you want may fill up by the time you try to sign up.
2. Register for your July class and “bank” your weeks until August. For example, if you miss three classes in July, you may take three additional make-up classes in August.
What about Summer Camps?
Summer Camps will be held in San Ramon, Livermore, Pleasanton and Costa Mesa. Camps are limited to Princess camp for dancers ages 3-6. The camp schedule will be posted in mid-February.